SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
Government job exams are tough and competitive and their preparation is hectic if the student doesn’t build a strategic plan for the preparation. Here is a small initiative by knowyourtutor.com of compiling a few preparation tips and helpful information for all who are preparing for SSC CGL Exam. Also check out a small list of reputed coaching institutes, who play a crucial role in students’ success at the end part of the blog post.
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four tiers as mentioned below:
- Tier I —- Written Examination (Objective – MCQ)
- Tier II —- Written Examination (Objective – MCQ)
- Tier III —- Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis writing/Letter /Application Writing
- Tier IV —- COMPUTER Proficiency Test/ Skill Test
The four topics of SSC CGL are:
- General English
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
Things to keep in mind during the preparation for SSC CGL Exam:
- 1. The candidates must read the most vital GK questions for the preparation of SSC CGL.
- 2. The aspirants must have the thorough knowledge and understanding of the syllabus. According to the syllabus, they should prepare a good time table. Beginning preparation early is better.
- 3. Smart work is the answer to accomplish this exam. It is also vital that the aspirants learn to know the pattern which SSC CGL follows.
- 4. Bear in mind that majority of the questions asked during the examinations will be used for the previous questions only. Candidates can make their preparation stronger by practicing the previous year questions. Not just would this help them in getting alerted of the type and level of the questions being asked in the exam, it would help them gain an understanding and an evaluation over their own skill set as well.
- 5. An imperative is a requirement of being alert of the level of questions being asked in the exam paper. It just won’t do, if the candidates aim their preparatory goals with too low or too high a standard.
- 6. Candidates should tackle each of the sections with equal concentration. To put in all their efforts in one or two topics, and excluding out the rest of them, will leave them at a shortcoming over others.
- 7. Candidates must work up a plan to focus on the crucial things and devote themselves to the plan.
- 8. The SSC Coaching in Chandigarh will offer their students with ample test resources and study notes to aid them in their studies and in their preparation for SSC CGL. What is needed from their part is a dedication and a will to succeed.
- 9. The regular practice sessions will help the candidates in assessing them. They should be aware of their strengths and weaknesses. Gather resources to gain opportunities in those weaker sections and put in their efforts to rectify those.
- 10. Time management is another crucial aspect over which the candidates should need to gain perfection. Not only will this help them in managing their time efficiently during the exam, this will also help them in not crushing themselves with all the work. All candidates must remember a blunt axe can only do so much. They must sharpen their skills but not at the expense of their own self.
Some best resources to preparing for SSC CGL exam
- English for General Competitions: from Plinth to Paramount (Volume – 1) – Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- English for General Competitions: (Volume – 2) – Neetu Singh (KD Publications)
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- Advance maths for General Competitions – Rakesh Yadav (KD Publications)
- Arithmetic for General Competitions – Neetu Singh(KD Publications)
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Rajesh Verma (Arihant’s publication)
- Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams – Old Edition – Pratiyogita Kiran
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal – BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali (Arihant)
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- General Knowledge – Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent)
- India Year Book – Contributed by Various Authors
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 (English)
Previous Year question paper
- SSC CGL Staff Selection Commission Combined TIER-II Exam Practice Work Book Including Solved Papers – Kiran Publication
- Master Guide SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Examination – Arihnat Experts
- Kiran’s SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question bank 1999-2016 – Kiran Publication
The most important tip – Take SSC CGL Coaching
Take the preparation of SSC CGL Exam under the guidance of recommended Institute. Click the links below to see the list of reputed institutes:
List of Best SSC CGL Coaching Institutes in Chandigarh – Click Here
List of Best SSC CGL Coaching Institutes in Mohali – Click Here
List of Best SSC CGL Coaching Institutes in Panchkula – Click Here
List of Best SSC CGL Coaching Institutes in Jaipur –Click Here
List of Best SSC CGL Coaching Institutes in Delhi –Click Here
[wpdevart_facebook_comment curent_url=”https://www.knowyourtutor.com/blog/ssc-cgl-exam-preparation-tips/” title_text=”Ask Questions” order_type=”social” title_text_color=”#000000″ title_text_font_size=”18″ title_text_font_famely=”arial” title_text_position=”left” width=”100%” bg_color=”#d4d4d4″ animation_effect=”random” count_of_comments=”10″ ]