Success Mantra to Crack the NDA Exam
National Defense Academy appoints candidates from all over the country who are interested in joining defense services as an officer. The examination for the same is conducted twice by Union Public Service Commission. As per the guidelines, an individual should be aged between seventeen and nineteen and a half years of age as of the first day of the course commencement. It can be said that this examination is the first hurdle to cross and from last few years appearing in NDA exam has come up as the dream exam of all who are studying or have passed their 12th class. The number of aspirants gears up in every six months for the most competitive exams these days.
There are two phases that validate the applicant’s candidature. First is the written exam and the second is Services Selection Board interview. There are two papers for the written exam. One is mathematics and the other is General Knowledge. Mathematics is inclusive of topics like Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Calculus and other intermediate mathematics. There are few mantras to be followed to have a successful resultant in this exam-
- English competence is very important for clearing the NDA examination. Prepare well for this session and practice extensive writing. Read a lot of books to polish your vocabulary and improve your grammatical skills.
- For the mathematics part of it, if you are a student of 12th grade, then all you have to do is to complete the 12th syllabus and revise the 11th one too.
- The pattern of the examination hasn’t changed significantly over the years. So consider solving as many sample question papers that you possibly can.
- There are various guide books that are tailor made for the NDA candidates. You can use then to understand the difficult portion of the syllabus which you can’t understand.
- Like all the multiple choice question examinations, NDA exam also has negative marking. So it’s better to avoid those which you are not sure of.
- A lot of questions regarding India’s history is repeatedly asked year after year. So make sure you are adequately prepared to tackle this part. Skipping this will definitely turn out to be a costly mistake.
Building knowledge in your mind is the key to success because it is you who can reproduce this Knowledge in the examination hall.Tutors, online classes, and digital media are the only methods of giving knowledge but it’s up to you how much you have gained and for that what matters the most is only your efforts.