20 Success Mantras For Your IELTS Exam
Have you joined any IELTS Coaching in Chandigarh for your upcoming exam?
Along with their study materials, the IELTS Coaching in Chandigarh might be offering you with many small tips to keep boosting up your confidence for the exam and achieve success.
IELTS exam is the way to your journey abroad for higher studies, the international study, migration and work. Read on these 20 success mantras for IELTS:
Tips for the listening task
- Familiarize yourself with the situation, speakers and the sound.
- Listen the entire recording attentively, looking only at the related questions of the part being played.
- The recording between different sections are paused and then played. Make use of the pauses and prepare for next questions’ set.
- See the order of the questions from question paper and then answer what you have listened from the recordings. Remember that the order of information from recording is being followed.
- Check your spellings and grammar, after you write your answers in the answer sheet in the time left at the end of the recording.
Tips for the academic reading task
- Start with a quick glance through each passage for identifying the topics, likely source, style, the intended reader and purpose of the writer.
- When reading, do not concentrate too much and waste time to understand meaning of every phrase or word.
- The reading tasks at times contain an example answer. Just study it and make up your mind, why it is right.
- Some questions need your using words from text in answer while others need your own words. Read the instruction in the question paper carefully.
- Sometimes, the instructions might carry s word limit. Maintain this instruction to avoid needless words in the answer.
Tips for the academic writing task
- Keep to the topic set always. Never try to plan sections of text prior to the exam.
- Maintain the timing: there are added marks possible for other tasks
- Arrange and link your thoughts and sentences correctly, using a different language and presenting your skill to discuss thoughts and state the opinions.
- You need to write minimum 150 words for Writing Task 1 and 250 for Task 2 or you will lose marks. There is no maximum limit for words.
- Plan your essay writing keeping plenty of time in the end for checking your work.
Tips for the speaking task
- Do not prepare for the speech way ahead or speak off the topic you have been asked to discuss.
- Speak directly to the examiner always and not to the recording equipments.
- Add little details to the examiners’ questions which have “yes” or “no” as its answer. But do not expand needlessly.
- Keep in mind that your general knowledge is not being tested but your communication skill is.
- Organize your thoughts clearly, speak in normal speed. Do not hurry while speaking and use wide range of vocabulary but do not use too difficult words.